As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to affect our community, Watauga County Habitat for Humanity is evaluating the progress daily and creating a contingency plan to adapt our operations as necessary. In the interest of public health, it is our goal to follow all recommendations to the best of our ability.
- Watauga Habitat will do our best to adhere to any recommendations provided by the local government and the CDC.
- Our administrative office is now closed to the public, and our staff is working remotely. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch – we’ll be here for you in whatever way we can.
- All in-person volunteer opportunities have been cancelled for the time being.
- Our ReStore will remain closed, and we are currently not doing donation pick-ups.
- We will be making daily evaluations about whether any of our operational contingency plans need to be changed and/or implemented.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Ramey at email@example.com.
We must also acknowledge that, while the economic repercussions of this unprecedented event are still unknown, public health crises like these have an outsized effect on our most vulnerable populations. We serve families who work in retail, food service, medicine and more. Our homeowners may be adversely affected, and we will work to support them in whatever ways we can.
This is an uncertain time for everyone and we are continually thankful for your support and patience as we face this new challenge together as a community.
Alex Hooker, Executive Director